Starting January 4th, the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) system replaces the eVisa system for Kenya. All visitors, including children and infants, have to obtain the approved eTA before embarking on their journey to the Republic of Kenya using the online form via http://www.etakenya.go.ke prior to their arrival.
Please be advised of the below requirements for ETA applications:
REQUIREMENTS – ALL TRAVELLERS
- Valid passport (6 month validity from the date of arrival in Kenya, with a minimum of one blank page)
- Passport-style photo
- Contact information (home address, email address and phone number)
- Itinerary details
- Accommodation booking confirmation
- Credit card, debit card, Apple pay for payment of $34 per person
REQUIREMENTS – DEPENDING ON COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE / TRAVEL HISTORY
- Yellow Fever certificate (if arriving from a Yellow Fever endemic country)
- Additional vaccinations
Travellers are eligible to apply for ETAs within 3 months of their arrival date in Kenya. Following the application, a confirmation will be sent to the email address submitted in the application. Upon approval, the ETA will be sent to the same email address.
Standard processing time for ETAs is three working days and the status of applications can be checked at any time on the ETA website using the ETA reference number.
All previous visa entry requirements for Kenya are now replaced by the requirement of ETAs. All e-visas currently in process will be issued and travellers with existing e-visas will be granted access to Kenya within the validity period of 90 days, without the additional requirement of an ETA.